Mindstorms:Robogator

Posted by Aftuz On 4/20/2010 06:21:00 PM 4 comments

The second challenge is to make an animal type called Robogator.
Difficulty levels::bright-star::bright-star:


Well,claimed that it can walk,make me a little bit disappointed.It can't do the actual walk but rather than like paddling with it rear legs.


The sample program is to make it move forward when it's detecting an object in front of it and try to bite to protect its territory when too close with object.After it has attacked,it'll return to its post back.(Read more,ok)





You can watch this video to see it.






 Use two motor for rear legs.Rather than "alligator like" walking motion,the motors rotate to push forward.












 Because the Mindstorm is only limited to 3 motors.2 motors been used for the rear legs and one for mouth for biting making the front leg just for a decoration.Lame Sign.My brothers said the motionless front legs looks completely like a handicapped.So,lets change the name to Robogator OKU.I'm agreed with him.






But the tail really get my attention.Someone claimed its disgusting to see when the Robogator OKU wagging its tail.But,I'm seeing he really enjoying it.The tail done a good job and I satisfied with itCandy








The lamest and the biggest secret is,it use 2 wheels to make it move easier.:dignity-laugh:

Shh..its secret ok :zipped: it really moves with its two legs.


Well,can't blame LEGO for this,because this is just the sample they provided and I'm understood they want to make it simpler as much as possible so kid can built it also too.









At least I've fun with him :yeehaw:I give my pet some biscuit for dinner.I hope he'll like it.








Stuck at the middle???Maybe I can help you.Feel free to ask,ok :D

Categories:

4 Response for the "Mindstorms:Robogator"

  1. nice pet u have! hehe

  2. rizputra7 says:

    haha..kaki depan macam cacat jer..tapi ok ler..nice..

  3. Aftuz says:

    haha...tq :D k la tu..lagipun ikut sample yg dia bagi.nnti try buat yg lagi bagus

  4. Anonymous says:

    Amazing blog! Do you have any recommendations for aspiring
    writers? I'm planning to start my own blog soon but I'm a little lost on everything.
    Would you suggest starting with a free platform like Wordpress
    or go for a paid option? There are so many choices out there that I'm totally confused .. Any suggestions? Kudos!

    my blog - insomnia faithless
    Look into my site insomnia 4am

Related Posts with Thumbnails